A tonegrid synth made with Elementary Audio and React
Live version right here: https://teetow.github.io/elementary_grid
With Nick having released the WebAudio part of Elementary Audio I started pondering a suitable hobby hack. I recalled Tonegrid (now defunct due to the Flashpocalypse) and especially how addictive it is. After a couple of false starts, I finally managed to get it working. A fresh coat of paint, a couple of options I always wanted, and here it is.
Known issues and questions
- Adding a note at just the right / wrong moment will corrupt playback for one pattern cycle. Let’s call it jazz.
- If you absolutely spray the grid with notes, you’ll get some clipping. Aural injury insurance not included.
- Yes, you can use MIDI input with Elementary Audio. It’s that awesome.
- Yes, you can use it to make VST and AU plugins.
- Yes, I’ll try to make one. Later =)