Realtime Collaborative Code Editor
Are you tired of sending code snippets back and forth, struggling to debug and collaborate with your team? Look no further! Sync Code is here to revolutionize the way you code together. This powerful and intuitive collaborative code editor is designed to empower developers, designers, and teams to work seamlessly in real-time, regardless of their location. With Sync Code, you can code together, debug together, and ship faster, together.
- Multiple users can join a room and edit code together
- Changes are reflected in real time
- Copy button to copy the room id to clipboard
- Leave button to leave the room
- Users can leave the room and rejoin later to continue editing
- Joining & leaving of users is also reflected in real time
This project is not currently live on any server. But to use the demo version, follow the steps below:
- Clone this repository and cd into it
npm installto install the dependencies
- To start the server run
yarn server:devin another terminal
- Then run
yarn startto run the application
- Go to
http://localhost:3000to view the app
- To join as an another user open another browser or incognito tab and go to
- Enter the same room id to join the same room
Now both your editor will be synced and you can see the changes in real time. Try opening the same room in multiple tabs and see the changes.
- If a user leaves or enters the room, the toast notification number not showing correctly.
- Like, if I (user1) creates a room and user2 joins the same room, then instead of one toast notification, four toast notifications are shown.
- Now if user2 leaves, then two toast notifications are shown instead of one. P.S. The numbers of toast notification increases more and more if more users joins and leaves the room.
Note: If you find any other bugs, please let me know. I will try to fix it as soon as possible 🙂 In case you want to fix it yourself, feel free to make a pull request.
- Add syntax highlighting for multiple languages
- Add support for multiple themes (currently using Dracula theme)
I am Mohd Mohitur Rahaman, a tech geek, currently pursuing a Master’s in Computer Applications from KIIT, Bhubaneswar. And with a deep passion for coding and a strong love for science & technology, I am dedicated to honing my skills and achieving proficiency as a developer.