Snippet Box is a simple self-hosted app for organizing your code snippets. It allows you to easily create, edit, browse and manage your snippets in various languages. With built-in Markdown support, Snippet Box makes it very easy to add notes or simple documentation to your code.
- Sequelize ORM + SQLite
# clone repository git clone https://github.com/pawelmalak/snippet-box cd snippet-box # install dependencies (run only once) npm run init # start backend and frontend development servers npm run dev
Docker Hub image link.
For arm platforms use
# Building image for Linux docker build -t snippet-box . # Build image for ARM docker buildx build \ --platform linux/arm/v7,linux/arm64 \ -f Dockerfile.arm \ -t snippet-box:arm .
# run container # for ARM use snippet-box:arm tag docker run -p 5000:5000 -v /path/to/data:/app/data snippet-box
Follow instructions from wiki – Installation without Docker
- Pinned snippets
- Pin your favorite / important snippets to home screen for easy and quick access
- Snippet library
- Manage your snippets through snippet library
- Easily filter and access your code using tags
- View your code, snippet details and documentation
- Built-in syntax highlighting
- Easily perform snippet actions like edit, pin or delete from a single place
- Create and edit your snippets from simple and easy to use editor