Geometry Node Graph
Preview Geometry Nodes on web using React
- Clone this project:
git clone https://github.com/whoisryosuke/geometry-node-graph.git
- Install dependencies:
- Start the dev server:
Open the app in your web browser, you should see a node graph.
Previewing your nodes
This app works by using JSON files with geometry node data exported from Blender using a custom plugin (TBD). But I included the WIP script below, it should work to export some basic graphs (haven’t tested stuff like custom nodes, groups, etc).
- Save your file somewhere.
- Select the object with the geometry nodes modifier.
- Go to the Scripting tab in Blender (or change one of the windows to scripting)
- Create a new script (click the “New” button on top of window)
- Paste in the script from here
- Run the script.
- Look inside the folder where your file is saved, you should a JSON file
- Copy and paste that JSON file into the
src/data/folder of this app.
- Open up the
src/App.tsxand swap your JSON filename for the one imported in there.
- Hard refresh the browser/app to see changes.
How it works
This app uses react-flow to display the node graph. It provides a lot of nice stuff out of the box, like the zooming and panning.
The nodes are generated from a JSON file that is exported from Blender using a custom Python script. It basically reads the geometry node data and creates a JSON file with the data.
Interested in learning more? Check out my blog, where I break down how this works.
- Bump version in