Realtime Code Editor
The Realtime Code Editor is a web-based code editor that allows multiple users to edit the same codebase simultaneously in realtime. It is built with React.js, Node.js, Socket.IO, and Tailwind CSS.
- Collaborative editing: Multiple users can edit the same codebase at the same time and see each other's changes in realtime.
- Syntax highlighting: The editor supports syntax highlighting for multiple programming languages.
- Live preview: Changes to the code are reflected in a live preview window.
-Supports mulitiple languages
To install and run the Realtime Code Editor locally, follow these steps:
- Clone the repository:
git clone https://github.com/Devil5614737/realtime-code-editor
- Navigate to the project directory:
- Install dependencies:
- Start the development server:
The application will be running at http://localhost:3000.
To deploy the Realtime Code Editor to a production environment, follow these steps:
- Build the production bundle:
npm run build
- Set the
NODE_ENVenvironment variable to
- Start the production server:
npm run start:prod
The Realtime Code Editor can be customized by creating a
.env file in the root directory of the project and setting the following variables:
PORT: The port number on which the server should listen (default: 3000).
SESSION_SECRET: A secret used to encrypt session data.
HOST: The hostname or IP address of the server (default: localhost).
If you would like to submit a bug fix or new feature, please follow these steps:
- Fork the repository.
- Create a new branch for your changes.
- Make your changes and commit them.
- Push your branch to your fork and submit a pull request.
The Realtime Code Editor is licensed under the MIT License. See LICENSE for more information.