A free and open-source TypeScript headless CMS & application framework built with Express, MongoDB and React.
- Completely free and open-source
- GraphQL, REST, and Local APIs
- Easily customizable ReactJS Admin
- Fully self-hosted
- Extensible Authentication
- Local file storage & upload
- Version History and Drafts
- Field-based Localization
- Block-based Layout Builder
- Extensible SlateJS rich text editor
- Array field type
- Field conditional logic
- Extremely granular Access Control
- Document and field-level hooks for every action Payload provides
- Built with Typescript & very Typescript-friendly
- Intensely fast API
- Highly secure thanks to HTTP-only cookies, CSRF protection, and more
- Bring your own Express server and do whatever you need on top of Payload. Payload doesn’t impose anything on you or your app.
- Completely control the Admin panel by using your own React components. Swap out fields or even entire views with ease.
- Use your data however and wherever you need thanks to auto-generated, yet fully extensible REST, GraphQL and Local Node APIs.
Before beginning to work with Payload, make sure you have all of the required software.
From there, the easiest way to get started with Payload is to use the
Alternatively, it only takes about five minutes to create an app from scratch.
Check out the Payload website to find in-depth documentation for everything that Payload offers.
There are lots of good conversations and resources in our GitHub Discussions board. If you’re struggling with something, chances are, someone’s already solved what you’re up against. Searching Discussions will often provide very helpful tips and tricks.
Join Payload’s Discord channel to interact with Payload developers in realtime.