a magical boilerplate with hot reloading and awesome error handling™ that uses webpack, redux, react and redux-undo
You need to have
npm installed (it comes with node.js).
During development, run:
npm run dev
Which enables some development tools.
In production, run:
These commands (unless configured otherwise) start a web server at: http://localhost:3000
What happens if I change some code?
Save the file in your editor and immediately see the changes reflected in your
browser - coding has never been more efficient. What a beautiful world we live
What happens if I make a typo / syntax error?
Many of us know this: You accidentally type in the wrong window once, add a
random character to your code and when you run it again you're like "WTF this
just worked?!" - let
webpack-hot-middleware help you out with this:
What happens if I mutate the state directly?
Mutating the state directly causes lots of bugs with Redux. There are no
use something like Immutable.js.
If you run this boilerplate in dev mode (
npm run dev), it will tell you when
you mutate something directly:
Special thanks to these awesome projects/people making this possible :heart:
- Babel - for ES6 support
- redux-boilerplate by chentsulin - this boilerplate is based off his project
- babel-plugin-react-transform by gaearon - as a base for the hot reloading and error handling
- react-transform-catch-errors by gaearon - error handling
- react-transform-hmr by gaearon - hot reloading
- redux-devtools by gaearon
- redux-immutable-state-invariant by leoasis - detect state mutations
redux-boilerplate: MIT © C.T. Lin
redux-undo-boilerplate: MIT © Daniel Bugl