Pink Planner is a React application that I developed while enrolled in a Full-stack web development bootcamp (Concordia University). The user can use the planner (month / week / day) to add, edit or delete events. The home page features a preview of the day's tasks, menu icons, the day's weather and a news feed.
The application allows the user to view meetings and events stored from a database.
The key features are:
- A tab-like component to switch between the different views.
- Three different date pickers to switch between months, weeks or days.
- In the day view, ability to edit or delete an event.
- On the homepage, some articles from GoogleNews API are fetched once per day and are displayed in a news feed.
- On the home page, the current weather is shown and is fetched from Weather API on every mount of the page.
The "+" button opens a form in a modal:
- Title, description, location
- Date pickers for the start and end date / all-day option
- Time pickers for the start and end time
Features in development:
- Focus mode
- Responsive styling (all screen sizes)
Packages, modules, APIs
- react-calendar (react-calendar NPM): used in the month view and new event forms
- Weather API: rapidapi.com/weatherbit/api/Weather
- GoogleNews API: rapidapi.com/newscatcher-api-newscatcher-api-default/api/Google%20News