Cuby Text is:
- An experimental knowledge management app
- An app focused on writing
- An open source app
- A personal project
Cuby Text is NOT:
- An open-source alternative to a commercial product
- A stable product
Many excellent knowledge management apps are based on extended markdown files. They are powerful but not expressive.
New products use blocks to organize their content. It’s very inspirational. I like them, but I want privacy and native experiences too.
So I created CubyText. It’s fast and designed to be extensible. To achieve this goal I built the blocky editor.
It doesn’t have complex concepts, just simple pages and blocks. No big deal.
Everything is a block
Rich-text, with markdown shortcuts
Auto outline/graph generation
Work in progress:
- Custom themes(WIP)
The primary third-party libraries and frameworks:
- The dependencies should be as few as possible
- The tech stack should be easy to learn and contribute
How to sync data between devices?
TLDR: not support yet
This feature is intended to be implemented by the extension API.