Clerk Fastify React Prisma Starter
This repo shows an example use case for how you setup a fullstack monorepo starter with Clerk, Fastify, React and Prisma to achieve authenticated cross-domain user access.
Clerk Apartments Application
The Clerk Apartments application allows a user to claim apartments from the gallery and view them in his own collection. Any apartment that is “claimed” by a user, cannot be reclaimed unless “foregone” by the previous holder. So, be quick ?
Under the hood
The example is a fullstack application in a monorepo structure using:
- Clerk as an authentication provider.
- Fastify as the API server.
- React as the frontend library.
- Prisma for data storage and model type sharing between client and server.
- Yarn workspaces for the monorepo management.
Where the magic happens
Authenticating Prisma data access using Clerk works by introducing a thin and customizable access management layer on top of the Prisma generated API for our collection.
Running the example
To run the example locally you need to:
- Sign up for a Clerk account at https://clerk.dev/.
- Clone this repository
git clone [email protected]:clerkinc/clerk-fastify-react-prisma-starter.git.
- Setup the required API variables from your Clerk project as shown at the example env files. Server Client
yarn installto install the required dependencies.
- Setup your Prisma database, following the instructions at the
- To start both the client and the server you need to run in separate terminals from the top level of the repository the commands:
If you have any specific use case or anything you would like to ask, please reach out!