Notes about Globle
Version 1.1.0 – Change log
- The list of countries for this game is the same as that used by Sporcle
- Some alternate spellings and previous names are accepted, e.g. Burma for Myanmar.
- France and UK have many territories scattered throughout the globe, and they confuse the proximity algorithm, so they are not highlighted when those countries are guessed.
- Geography can be a sensitive topic, and some countries’ borders are disputed. If you believe a correction should be made, please politely raise an issue or DM me on Twitter.
If you are really struggling to find the answer, I recommend going to Google Maps or Earth. Better to learn about a new country than never get the answer!
I recognize that there are some a11y issues with the game, notably:
- The colour gradient can be difficult to navigate for people with vision impairments, and
- Very small countries (such as Micronesia) are barely visible on the globe.
If you have a suggestion on how to improve these concerns, please raise a GitHub issue.
- This game was inspired by Wordle and the “Secret Country” geography games from Sporcle
- Country outlines in the Help screen provided by Vemaps.com
- Favicons are from favicon.io
Running the project on your local machine
This project was bootstrapped with Create React App. If you want to run the project on your local machine,
- Clone this repo
This work is licensed under a
Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike 4.0 International License.