About The Project
There are many good ideas of projects used with the main purpose of learning a technology. A good side project is always one that isn’t too complicated, but allows you to learn the basic syntax of the technologies used and a bit of how to structure an application with those technologies. A Pinterest Clone is a good example of that. In this project you will practice tha basics of creating a GraphQL API (CRUD, Project Structure, Best Practices…).
Here Are Some Features In the Project:
- Users can login to their account with a simple email / password login.
- Users can create new posts to their wall.
- A post will contain an image, a description, and a title.
- Users can delete their posts.
- Users can save other peoples posts.
- A wall with the posts from every user.
- Apollo Client
- Any database you want (MongoDB recommended)
- Cloudinary (for storing pictures)
Note: All the services above are free to use
The code provided already sets up the client and the server. The GraphQL setup is done and one type is already created (the user type). Use the starter code provides a good start to the project, but you will need to do a lot on your own. If you are wondering how to structure the project, I put some pictures of mine Pinterest clone down below.