ReachOut – Job Seeking App for the Differently Abled
ReachOut aims to be a one-stop shop to satisfy all the job-needs for specially abled people.
It helps connec companies with the workforce while promopting a positive environment for people wih speical needs to ineract.
ReachOut’s goal is to abide by all WCAG rules by following WAI-ARIA protocols
- The entire website will designed with accessibility (a11y) at the forefront.
- Designing web components keeping visually impaired in mind
- Keyboard navigation for better accessibility
- Companies can register their job positions, and people with special needs can apply for those jobs
- Companies can hire test candidates for accessibility testing of their products
- Backend Database Connectivity
- Speech to Text for search
- Face Login
- Payment Gateway Integration
Tech Stack ?
- The UI will be high-contrast so that it remains accessible the color blind
- There will be options to change the font, font-size, clickable link formatting, button contrast, etc in the future.
- Two Access login from – Users and Companies.
- Companies can list Job posititons for recruitment.
- Users can search for jobs suitable to their abilities.
- Aadhar Card number is used while registering, so that the user can be informed about the various schemes/initiatives/incentives he is eligible for from his employer, while selecting a job
- If the user already uses some 3rd party service for it, the website will conform to the standard accessibility specifications for easy integration
- Speech-to-Text/Screen Reader will be made available.
- Users can register using Face ID instead of standard username/password.
- Backend DataBase Connectivity using MongoDB is implemented.
- So User/Recruiter Company info is stored and they are recommended Jobs/Employees according to their preferences.