This Chat WebApp is a real-time chat application built with React and Firebase. It allows users to sign in with their Email and Password and engage in real-time conversations with other users.
Find working Demo here
- User authentication using Email and Password
- Real-time messaging with other users
- Ability to send text messages and Images
- Timestamps for each message
- User-friendly and responsive design
Before you begin, ensure you have the following prerequisites:
- Node.js and npm (Node Package Manager) installed.
Follow these steps to get the Chat WebApp up and running:
1. Clone the Repository
Clone this repository to your local machine:
git clone https://github.com/10cyrilc/FireChat.git
2. Set Up Firebase
You will need to set up a Firebase project and configure it for this application. Follow these steps:
- Go to the Firebase Console.
- Create a new Firebase project.
- In the Firebase project settings, navigate to the “General” tab, and scroll down to find the “Your apps” section. Click on the web app icon (
</>) to add a new web app to your project.
- Register the app with a nickname (e.g., “Chat WebApp”) and enable Firebase Hosting if you want to deploy your app later.
- Copy the Firebase config object shown, which contains your Firebase API keys and configuration.
3. Configure Firebase
In your project directory, create a file named
.env and add your Firebase config as environment variables:
4. Install Dependencies
Install the project dependencies by running the following command in your project directory:
5. Run the Application
Start the development server by running:
npm run dev
The app will be accessible at http://localhost:3000.
6. Sign In and Chat
Open the app in your browser, sign in with your Google account, and start chatting with other users in real-time!
Contributions are welcome! If you have any suggestions, bug reports, or feature requests, please open an issue or submit a pull request.
This project is licensed under the MIT License – see the LICENSE file for details.
Enjoy chatting with your friends using this Chat WebApp! If you encounter any issues, feel free to reach out for support. Happy coding! 🚀📱💬