Gym Reservation App
The goal is to reduce/eliminate the time spent waiting on others to finish using a machine/rack/bench at a gym by allowing people to see which equipment are open in advance and book a set amount of time on the equipment.
- The user will start by identifying which split or muscle group they’d like to focus on for the workout.
- The app will use the user’s given data to identify optimal equipment for the workout.
- The app will determine the availability of the machine, and cluster machines with availablilities near each other in time.
- The user will be presented with a schedule of reps and sets for each workout and where to head to for the next workout.
- If the user accepts, the equipment schedule will be booked for the user.
This is a two-tier application, with a thick client running both a simple UI as well as a database to track user data and equipment availbility.
- The frontend will be done in TypeScript and using React.JS.
- The database is TBD.
- User authentication will be done through Auth0.
I am passionate about the gym and would like to reduce the amount of time I spend waiting for equipment. I decided to pursue this project to teach my friends the technologies and frameworks I’m learning at my current internship.