A typewriter effect library for React.
Apply the typewriter (or, ahem, "windup") effect to:
- anything you can put in React's children prop!
Use the API to:
- Control the pacing of your windups
- Trigger animations, sounds or any effect you can think of!
- Intelligently handle line breaking in text!
Examples, API docs, and guides can all be found at the docs site!
? Code landmarks
Where the action is happening in this codebase.
The bulk of the file are functions which return modified versions of a windup (e.g.
rewind), utilities (e.g.
isUnplayed), or functions for creating a Windup data structure (e.g.
The windup data structure is also described here:
- It has three elements, representing collections of members in three states: played, in progress, and unplayed.
- It is a recursive data structure, i.e. a windup can be a member of any of these three parts.
This is a hook that is used internally by
useWindupString. It does the bulk of the work of a windup: scheduling the next update, triggering effects, returning callbacks for rewinding/skipping etc.
This hook does very little: it just turns a string into a windup and passes it along to
A lot going on in this one: transforming the
children data type into a Windup, and a rough heuristic to determine when the value of
children has 'changed' (big quotation marks).