Series Management | a React and Express Web App
Series management is a ReactJS and ExpressJS fullstack web app I made for a friend.
It’s a private application with just one user, protected by a password only known by him and me.
- JWT authentication made from scratch.
- Login persistance using refresh tokens.
- Protected routing.
- Typescript, React, Express, Axios and Prisma.
Back-end is being hosted on Heroku while the front-end on Vercel.
A friend of mine asked if i could build a interface so he could interact with a database.
He’s hosting a postgres database that stores all tv shows he’s watching or already watched.
This app works like a crud linked to this database.
It was a great opportunity to practice my software developing skills, front-end and backend.
Future Plans and Improvement
- Containerize front-end and backend. I’ve already done this with the backend though, but i’m looking for a place to host it.
- Test it out on Kubernetes, GKE or Minikube.
- Try other backend solutions like FastAPI with python.
- Implement loading spinners and confirmation.
- Improve desktop experience.
- Build future apps using NextJs.
- Try OAuth and Auth0.
The code published in this repository is for reference only, enviroment variables are needed for it to run since the app was built around them!