Jobcart Job Search App for Blue Collar Workers
❓ Problem Statement
- Make a job-search platofrm for Blue Collar Workers.
Note : SMS can be sent to only Twilio verified numbers as I am not using the paid service.
🚧 Technology Stack
- Server Enviornment – NodeJS
- Framework – ExpressJS
- Database – MongoDB
- Cloud database service – MongoDB Atlas
- Module to send emails – NodeMailer
- SMS sending – Twilio
- Deployment – Heroku
- First, fork this repository 🍴 and follow the given instructions:
# clone the repository to your local machine $ git clone `git clone https://github.com/<YOUR-GITHUB-USERNAME>/Jobcart-Blue-Collars-Job-Seach-Platform-Frontend.git` # navigate to the project's directory and install all the relevant dev-dependencies $ cd Jobcart-Blue-Collars-Job-Seach-Platform-Frontend && npm intsall # Start application $ npm start # Make requests on http://localhost:3030/ from Postman
I have identified 9 categories of job-seekers to make the platform more intuitive and simple.
- Security guard
For Job Seeker
- Update Profile
- Apply on jobs – just by clicking – as simple as that.
- The applicant gets an SMS on his/her phone number after applying to a job. ![SMS TO APPLICANT]
For Job Poster
- Post Jobs
- Get applications on your posted jobs and shortlist.
- Ease the flow for both parties
- Job Seekers Profiles will be available all throughout, Recruiters can directly see their profiles and give them a message/call
- Job Poster gets an email when someone applies on a job posted by him/her. ![MAIL TO RECRUITER]
Problems in Existing Solutions
- Little Less user friendly for maybe not so literate people
- Complicated Process – Job Portal for Unorganized Sector dont have a resume.
- All in English
- Lack of Support on chat/call
- Unit Tests – Due to shortage of time, I couldn’t write many unit-test.
- Login Sessions and Dashboard of Applications
Additional Features to be added after Hackathon:
- Filters according to location, salary etc.
- Stars/Reviews for job seekers
- Register by calling also (for job seekers) – simply call on a support number and automated clicks on phone