Chat Platform React
This is the React project for the open-source Chat Platform I (Anson) am building from the ground up. To watch the full development process from the beginning, please see the up-to-date playlist on YouTube. To see the back-end project, see the Chat Platform NestJS repository.
Before you try to run this project locally, you must have both the React & NestJS project, as well as a SQL database. I use MySQL, but you can switch to another database like PostgreSQL very easily.
- Clone this repository and install all dependencies.
- Go to Chat Platform NestJS repository and follow all the instructions on setting up the backend.
- Run both projects using the
start:devscript using either
yarn, or whatever package manager you use.
- There is no landing page, the main routes are:
/registerroute to create an account
/loginto login to the app
/conversationsis where all the magic happens
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivatives 4.0 International License.
Under this license, you may not use this project for:
- Commercial Purposes
- Distributing this project after modifying it
- You may not use this without appropriate attribution