A Bus ticket booking application made using MERN Stack (MongoDB, Express js, React js, Node js)
The Bus ticket application is composed of the following Features:
Sign-In & Sign-Up Pages.
Uses Token based system, so only registered users can access the website passport js.
Password hashing using passport js.
Has a profile page, which will display all information about the signed in user.
List of cities for users to choose from (starting city & destination city).
Getting list of bus’s of different companies with various details.
Seat selection page has a very user friendly environment, which also generates dynamic forms for storing data’s of passengers.
Has a Confirmation page, which gets a debit card data using react-credit-cards. This version of the application does not include handling the payment process.
Final page has a ticket displaying component, it displays all passenger data and also generates a random number as a transaction ID.
Uses Express js based application for the backend process.
Uses MongoDB atlas for storing the collections.
Uses passport js for authenticating user and token based system.
Uses passport js for hashing the password before sending the data to the cloud.
This version does not support dynamic seat data being stored from cloud.
This project also demonstrates:
- a typcial React project layout structure
Screenshots: Landing Page:
Signing In Page:
Bus Selection Page:
Seat Selection Page:
- Visual Studio Code – A source code editor developed by Microsoft for Windows, Linux and macOS. It includes support for debugging, embedded Git control, syntax highlighting, intelligent code completion, snippets, and code refactoring
- Webpack – A module bundler
- SCSS – A css metalanguage
- Bootstrap 4 – Bootstrap is an open source toolkit for developing with HTML, CSS, and JS
- Axios – Promise based HTTP client for the browser and node.js
- Express js – Express is a minimal and flexible Node.js web application framework that provides a robust set of features for web and mobile applications.
- MongoDB atlas – MongoDB Atlas is the global cloud database service for modern applications.
- Passport Js – Passport is authentication middleware for Node.js. Extremely flexible and modular, Passport can be unobtrusively dropped in to any Express-based web application.
These instructions will get you a copy of the project up and running on your local machine for development and testing purposes.
The following software is required to be installed on your system:
- Node 8.x
- Npm 3.x
Type the following commands in the terminal to verify your node and npm versions
node -v npm -v
Follow the following steps to get development environment running.
Clone ‘MERN-BUS-APP.git’ repository from GitHub
git clone https://github.com/AdityaKumawat97/MERN-BUS-APP.git
OR USING SSH
git clone [email protected]:AdityaKumawat97/MERN-BUS-APP.git
Install node modules
cd MERN-BUS-APP cd frontend npm install cd.. cd backend npm install
Starting both front end and back end servers
This command will start the mongodb and the front end part.
cd frontend npm start cd.. cd backend npm run devStart