A Podman monitoring tool built on electron
Galumpher is an open-source developer tool to help monitor the health and status of your Podman containers that are currently running on your local machine. Galumpher allows users to view important metrics at a quick glance and update them at the click of a button.
- Galumpher will display all of the containers that are currently running on the machine in the dropdown menu located in the sidebar.
- The main metrics page will display the metrics of the first container on the list by default.
- Clicking on a different container within the dropdown will automatically fetch the most recent metrics for that container and load them into the metrics display section.
- Key metrics currently available are CPU usage, memory usage, and net input/output.
- All figures are displayed in MB.
- Users must have Podman installed and currently running on their machine.
2. Clone this repo using the following command
git clone https://github.com/oslabs-beta/Galumphing.git
3. Create a .env file in the project’s root level directory
- Create a
.envfile in the project’s root-level directory.
root ├─ .env ├─ server └─ src
- In the
.envfile, add the following environment variable and add your Postrges URI. This is required.
4. Run the following commands
npm install npm run build npm start
- Fork this repo.
- Pull your fork down to your machine
- Create your own branch based off of dev branch with the following command
git checkout -b <yourBranchName>
- Run the following commands
npm install npm run dev
- Push your changes up and create a PR to the Galumpher repo
- Shelby Carlin Github – LinkedIn
- Tran Nguyen Github – LinkedIn
- Dennis Ly Github – LinkedIn
- Jared Veltsos Github – LinkedIn